Monday, August 27, 2007

Intro

Hello everyone! I've tried blogging before, but gave up because I had no purpose. This time I have a purpose, and that is to review/write about snacks, food, and beer that I enjoy.

I earned the nickname "Snacky D" while working at Mt. Nittany Wheelworks last summer. Apparently, I hoarded enough snacks underneath my shop bench to make Frank, Jim, and Harry both jealous and hungry. Frank probably stole enough of my snacks to deserve a "snacky" nickname himself but I guess I just happened to get tagged first.

Ironically, I begin this blog just as I am fighting off a nasty case of viral gastro-enteritis (aka stomach flu). This hit me rather suddenly on Friday morning and hit its peak with a trip to the UPMC Shadyside E.R. on Friday evening. I ate very little over the weekend, and spent much of the time on the couch watching fine films such as American Flyers. Luckily, I feel much better now and today I began to eat more "normal" foods. Hopefully my body will recover in time for the 24-hour mountain bike race at Seven Springs this weekend; fortunately, I'm on a 5-person team.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! The ER! I'm glad you're feeling better. Welcome to blog land - I haven't given in yet. I look forward to reading about food and beer! Mmmmm!